Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Heroes never die.. they just reload

Some night last week I had some sorta "bonding session" (like that'll ever happen for real.. pft) with my dad. We watched 2 movies: Vantage Point and Rambo 4.

My parents and younger bro came back from a family friend's bday dinner. My dad borught back 4 DVDs: Vantage Point, Rambo 4, Jumper, & The Cleaner.

He came in, sat down on the couch, and asked
"Pick one to watch."

I blur dog there, cus I was paying attention to the telly.
"Huh? What dya mean?"
"I wanna watch one of these. Pick one. Then we'll watch."
"I've watched Jumper dy. Dunno what's this The Cleaner thingy. Rambo? Not a fan of Sylvester Stallone's. So can we watch Vantage Point?"
"Put it in la."

So we watched it. Then after, my dad told me put in Rambo 4. After throwing out the trash (it was my turn that night), I caught a slight glimpse of the beggining scenes. From standing beside the couch I slowly sat, then ended up watching the entire movie.

Vantage Point was pretty good. I like the rewinding-back-in-time concept. The conclusion was somewhat shocking though.. did not expect that at all.

Rambo 4 was just plain GGGOOORRRYYYY!!!! If you're wondering how gory? It's the fucking chop-off-your-hand-and-shoot-off-your-head-and-rape-you-to-death-and-blow-up-the-innocent-for-fun-and-spare-nobody movie! o.O But it was all good. In fact, the movie was awesomely done. All the goriness didn't look fake.. me like.

Okay, I don't wanna spoil anymore. Just watch them for yourselves and you'll know what I mean.

Darren out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vantage Point


When President Ashton is assassinated while making a speech in Spain, it's up to two Secret Service agents to find the culprit. Even though dozens of cameras on-scene, including one held by an American tourist and ones managed by a TV news producer, the truth of what happened isn't evidently clear. Even the question of just who was assassinated remains to be settled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rambo 4


John Rambo has retreated to northern Thailand, living a solitary and peaceful life in the mountains and jungles. A group of human rights missionaries search him out and ask him to guide them into Burma to deliver medical supplies. When the aid workers are captured by the Burmese army, Rambo decides to venture alone into the war zone to rescue them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I earn these days 380$ in EXTRA cash thx to Yuwie. First I was al sceptic about it but now I'm living proof. It's like Myspace only Yuwie PAYS it's users, at least try it !! Sign in & get paid (its totally FREE !!) :

http://r.yuwie.com/basilratbone
(I'll give you advice there)

grtz
Basil