Sunday, January 18, 2009

Writer's block

Yeeeaah.. I gotta admit that I have started going MIA again. I really almost totally forgot about my blog la. I know, wierd. Sigh sorry I guess.. for disappointing you guys with a stagnant blog whenever you visit.

Anyhoo, for those of you who don't know yet, I have already started interning at Men's Health magazine. A lot of people have asked where my office is. Okay I can only give you landmarks though. So Blu Inc is near UTAR and Glad Tidings (which has an awesome cafeteria btw) and is on the way to Jaya 33.

Work is pretty fun.. but only cause I get to help with photo shoots, go for events, get free stuff, and all those other perks. Hahahahaha. No la! It's all real good.. even when I have to do proper work.

The guys I work with are really nice and very helpful. There's Eric (editor), Kenneth (deputy editor), John (fashion & grooming writer), Megat (writer), Danny (designer), and Hilal (designer). I've also got to know the girls from Seventeen and one even car-pools with me.. sometimes.

Just to boast, the events I've been to so far are Metojaya's opening of their new Metrojaya Department Store at the Curve and TOD's press presentation event at Pavilion. And I've gotten free stuff at both. Lawl.

My fav: TOD's. A bit too much gay vibe going on though.. what with all the sengeted fashion people there. But it was damn 7 high class wei! There were freakin' waiters standing around holding trays of drinks and hors' dourves.. hot models also standing around wearing TOD's accessories.. the label's reps showing us around the outlet and the new apparels. Daymn! First time ever experiencing this kind of treatment wei!



And then we got the souvenirs and it was fcuking disappointing. John, the MH writer I teman-ed and I both got these pink leather wrist bands. Like wtf??! Can't they give us one in black or brown? Even red is still fine. Gay bastards! Sigh. But I'm still keeping it though. It's freakin' branded la. From the price tags of the stuff I saw in the boutique, it prolly costs nearly RM1,000. No way am I giving it away to someone else. I'll find a way to wear it one way or another.

Okay la.. malas wanna type any longer. I'll prolly post pics of my office and colleagues one of these days. Meanwhile check out our website and also grab a copy of the upcoming February issue of Men's Health from the nearest stands to see my name in it. Hahahaha..



Darren out.

No comments: