Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Safe as home

I am HOME!!!! Back from Europe and home sweet home. We didn't get dinner on the plane so my dad took us to Kana. Good old mamak food.

But uhm.. I wished we could've stayed longer in London la. I really, really love that city. Love it!

Shopping there is bloody awesome! Heck it's the freakin' birthplace of Topman la. Their Topman outlets are damn 7 huge and so are their choices. I was like a kid in a candy store. No shit. Good thing I got my share of retail therapy cause my mum offered to pay some. Lurves! :D But I still want more time in there la. So darn much to see, yet so little time.

Oh and btw, everything is dirt cheap for them Brits! One branded top can cost less than 20 pounds.. and I stress on the 'branded'! They have this budget brand called Primark. A tee there can cost as little as 3 or 4 freakin' pounds! Their plimsolls and sneaks are only 2.45 pounds. That's what? About RM14 for a pair of shoes? Like wtf right?? Sadly I didn't get anything from Primark. I'd missed every chance I got. Crud!

Anyhoots, food is also damn cheap too. A pack of candy from Marks & Spencer costs less than a pound and a McD or Subway set meal is about 3 pounds plus.

Food is also cheap in Munich. The pastries were super yummy! I liked Munich too. Also wished we could've stayed there longer. I especially liked that it was cold there and everywhere was so clean. Awesome place.

Paris was.. hmm.. so so. Not as amazing as I'd originally expected, quite disappointing actually. The metro, especially, is bloody confusing! The people you ask sometimes don't even know themselves. But it's not true that they say all Parisians aren't nice. Most of the people my family and I have met are pretty darn nice.

And then there's Marv's place. Feldberg, Germany. It nice and.. green. Really-vibrantly green, green. And I mean the plants, trees and all that. We had a nice view from our window. The hotel, Familotel Feldberger Hof is really family oriented. You can literally find kids running everwhere. Every night halfway through dinner, there's this sing-along circle in the lobby which is really cute cause all the kids are so into it. Oh and they allow dogs in too. Dunno about other pets, though.

Btw I can tell you this.. Marv is living a damn good and pretty relaxed life there. He only needs to work during breakfast and dinner when we were there. In between he had plenty of time to relax and all.

Okay, enough rambling. Gotta get back to satisfying my 2 weeks of internet and Facebook deprivation. LMFAO!

Darren out.

No comments: