Monday, August 11, 2008

The house

Eesh.. I really dunno how I feel about my job exactly. It's like a part of me enjoys it and another part of me hates it so bad! The part that loves the job is bigger though.

So anyways, one reason why I like this waitering job is cause of the ambience of the restaurant (La Casa). The interior's really well designed.. good choice of music.. and not to forget awesome-tasting and delicious-smelling food!

Um.. this might sound wierd to some of you, but I like taking the orders, recomending stuff to the customers and all that. Yupz. Oh! And I also like that andrenalin rush and busyness whenever the restaurant is packed. Well, I do work better under pressure. So ya.. it figures.

Next reason's cause most of my collegue's are really nice, friendly and help me a lot when I first started. Now we're like really chummy. We chat when we're free, and complain and gossip about the wierd customers. Sshhhh.. haha.

Also I've seen and served a couple of noted or famous locals. Jojo Struys came to La Casa twice and I served her on both occasions. Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik's younger son also ate at La Casa with his girlfriend recently and I served them too.

But then above all that is the fact that the head chef is a sohaibastardassholesonofabitch, truely Malay attitude, I-can-do-whatever-I-want, gross-sweat-smelling person. Phew! I don't mean to sound racist but I can't stand that stupid Malay man.

Okay, another thing is us staff do not get any lunch or OT. Sucks right?! Steph, Marv and I have to always eat lunch at some place in DPC, and most of them are pretty pricey. Even my mum realises and that day she said:

"Eh! You guys eat more that you earn la. What's the use of workin then?"

I couldn't agree more! Irritates the shit outa me when we go for lunch and I see the staff from other restaurants having their free meal. Like wtf man!

So ya.. Marv and I have kinda decided to quit sooner or later. I'm planning to work a while more and maybe stop at the end of the month or something. And poor Steph has to quit as well cause she doesn't have transport. Really sorry Steph.

Oh! And sorry for the language by the way. Just wanna release the anger and dissatisfaction. Ugh.. just gotta tahan for a few more weeks till I quit. Hopefully by then I've already found a new and better job. Oh God, help me!

Darren out.

1 comment:

w/nye said...

You call a guy a stupid MALAY guy, on top of that make stereotype remarks about Malays and then you say that you don't mean to sound racist at all?

Hm. that obviously justifies everything, doesn't it?

If you don't mean to sound racist, then why include the word 'Malay' in your sentence in the first place?

Maybe you should try to watch what you write or say next time. if not, those who are offended will come and break your face.