Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Living without rules

Ugh! Period and menopause.. I hate them. Not saying that I have them okay? Sheesh. Don't be stupid. It's just that I hate it when women get either and become all emotionally unstable (if you can call it that).

One good example is my granma. Hold on.. do old women still have menopause and does it lasts till forever? Okay whatever. Back to the rambling.

The thing is this. My younger bro, Hsin Yue had dozed off while watching the telly and also cause earlier he'd played his online game almost the whole day. So whatever la. I don't give 2 hoots. Just let the brat sleep la, right?

Then it was dinner time. So my granma was calling us to go downstairs for dinner and cause Hsin Yue was asleep he didn't respond (DUH!). She called his name a couple of times more. The obvious thing to do then was to tell her he's asleep, right? So I did.

Then the hoopla happened. She suddenly started shouting angrily (in Mandarin):

"Why did you allow him to sleep when it's almost dinner time? Huh? Then he's gonna feel so tired. Told him to stop playing and take a nap but he didn't. Kept on playing non stop. Now he's sleeping when it's time for dinner! Blah.. blah.. blardy blah.. blah."

Sigh. So girls, I do understand that it's torture and you can't help your emotions going awry when it that time of the month.. when your aunty visits.. or whatever you prefer to call it. But I speak on behalf of all the guys, please have mercy on us and try to control yourself a bit. Okay? Thanks heaps. LOL.
_

Btw Marv and I watched 'The Dark Knight' at Cineleisure this afternoon. Remember in my previous post, Letter of temporary resignation, I said that some days I have an early 8am class and then another at 2pm or 3pm? So ya. I had this freakishly long break and Marv was done for the day. And since we haven't watched 'The Dark Knight', we decided to.

It was shit good man! The mood of the movie was so freakishly sinister and demented cause of the late Heath Ledger's awesome portrayal of the Joker. Brilliant stuff!

This girl beside me was covering herself with her jacket and kept on squirming and squeeling whenever the Joker appeared or did something horrible to the other characters. Lollers.

However, there were only 2 things I didn't like about this movie. First is that the storyline, though full of suspense and shocking twists, is a tad draggy. I is no like draggy.

Secondly I can't stand the Batman's I-want-to-sound-mysterious-so-i-make-it-gruffy-and-an-octave-lower voice. I mean, what's with that?? It was blardy irritating, no?

Darren out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dark Knight

Bruce Wayne and his vigilante alter-ego the Batman, continue the seemingly endless effort to bring order to Gotham, with the help of Lt. James Gordon and newly appointed District Attorney Harvey Dent. But a new threat has now emerged into the streets. The Dark Knight faces a rising psychopathic criminal mastermind called The Joker, whose eerie grin, laughter, and inhuman morality makes him as dangerous than what he has yet to unleash. Batman's struggle against the Joker becomes deeply personal, forcing him to "confront everything he believes" and improve his technology to stop him.

No comments: