Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Calendar girls

I'd just watched The Secret Life of Bees.. one of the few movies I'd recently downloaded.

Best thing about this movie is that it stars 2 of my favorite actresses: Dakota Fanning and Queen Latifah. I think they are awesome actors! I've enjoyed every movie they'd ever acted in. They're brilliant, I tell ya.

Oh, and I'm also a big fan of Jennifer Hudson since her Idol days and then when she was in Dreamgirls. So yeah, that's another plus.

The story line's pretty good too. And it's one of those movies that exposes the true cruelty of the orang putihs towards the black community back then. Damn, they were cruel! Bloody racists bastards! I admit that I do get racist sometimes, but you don't see me walking around with a bat in my hand or just randomly finding fault and beating people up.

Man, suck up and live with it!

Darren out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Secret Life Of Bees



Set in South Carolina in 1964, the tale of Lily Owens, a 14-year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father, Lily flees with Rosaleen, her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters, Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping, honey and the Black Madonna.

No comments: