Monday, May 18, 2009

Hokkienland

Penang was AWESOME!!!

Well pretty much la, aside from the moments of drama here and there. But whatevs, I had fun heaps!

The beach, especially, was the best! We stayed at this dodgy but still comfy traveler's lodge that's right opposite Batu Ferringhi beach. So we could go to the beach whenever we wanted, 24/7. Our first night itself, we sat at the beach bar drinking and chatting till almost 3am! So fun.

Oh and the food was great too, of course. I ♥ Penang hawker food la seriously. Cheap and so damn good. What else can a foodie ask for? Haha.

Speaking of food, I drank my fill of ambra asam juice there. Haiya ambra, ampula or kedongdong, whatever you wanna call it la. But man, I love that drink. Wonder why they don't have it in abundance here in KL like they do in Penang. Such a disappointment.

Anyhoo, can't wait to do another trip with friends again. They really are very fun. Man, I'm excited already. Woot!

Darren out.

No comments: