Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shit happens, sometimes it sucks

Just got back from my church's Family Day. We had it at the Taman Bukit Maluri open field. Was tonnes of fun! And to think I told them I wanted to help out with the telematch instead of playing. They didn't let me of course. No regrets there.

Plus I really thank God that the Penang trip was postponed or I wouldn't have been able to go. Some things do happen for a reason and it's nice when the reason's good.

So I was in the Turtle group. They made me leader, which I wasn't surprised of considering I was the oldest guy there. My group had 2 guys, 2 girls, one grandma, and 2 little boys. Pretty odd group, I know. But hey, we won consolation. It's not first prize, but not too bad for the odd group huh?

Things I didn't like? The weather was hot balls at one point. Man, I hate the heat! It makes me sweaty and sticky like that.

Also the last race had one of each of the team members' ankles tied up. We had to run half the field and the top three teams get extra 10 points each. Cause I was the leader, I was first in line and had one of the dead knots tied to my ankles.

That's when shit happened. During the race, that knot got tighter cause some dumbo beside me (who wasn't even supposed to be racing in the first place) kept on stepping on the string when we ran. And that fcuking hurt like dog! It was so tight at one point, paranoia made me think the string had started cutting into my skin. Note to self.. never again take part in a multi-legged race, nor a 3-legged race for that matter.

Darren out.

No comments: