Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pentheraphobia

That's the fear of mother-in-laws. I was curious whether such a fear exists. So I googled it and apparently it does.

So I watched Monster-in-Law with my mum this afternoon. It was one of those special Mother's Day movies. Plus I had always wanted to watch it but never got to.

I thought the cat-fights and its results were bloody hilarious, especially the swollen lips. Cause uhm.. well I can relate to that. Used to wake up on some days with swollen lips when I was younger. Dunno why it happens, though.. it just does but very irregularly. Maybe it's some allergic reaction too, but yeah, was some random shit. But obviously mine wasn't as swollen as that la. DUH! Okay, I think I should shut up about that.

Anyhoo, my favorite was Ruby, the assistant. She actually has the balls to talk back and bang some sense into that uncontrollable biatch of a mother-in-law! Wanda Sykes plays Ruby and she's one of my favorite actresses and comedians.

Btw I found a second Monster-in-Law poster:



I like this one better la. The tagline's obviously funnier and I think it's somewhat more easily understandable. Okay whatever. Bye.

Darren out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster-in-Law



After years of looking for Mr. Right, Charlotte 'Charlie' Cantilini finally finds the ultimate man of her dreams, Kevin Fields--only to discover that his mother, Viola, is the woman of her nightmares. A recently fired news anchor who is afraid she will lose her son the way she has just lost her career, Viola determines to scare off her son's new fiance by becoming the world's worst mother-in-law. While Viola's long-time assistant Ruby does her best to help Viola execute her crazy schemes, Charlie decides to fight back, and the gloves come off as the two women battle it out to see just who is the alpha-female.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

somebaody's been watching a lot of movies huh!!?!

eh don't dl so much these days. streamyx are on the roll now trying to catch those who dl excessively